For ten points, see if you can tell what movie sound effect this guy was going for on his didgeridoo. You'll have to listen closely and filter out all the other background noises.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
The Farmers Market
Given the soaring food prices and looking for a cultural experience, we went to the downtown Farmer's Market yesterday. I tried to capture the essence of the market with pictures and video, but I'm afraid most of the event was experienced through the olfactory system - pleasant and otherwise. We bought some tasty carrots that were similar to our own garden grown, some extra sweet corn, and some fresh raspberries that were freaking delicious.
The market is pretty crowded and Jen was standing right next to this guy while looking at an assortment of goat dairy products. I think she even bumped the snake without realizing it. It was like one of those times when someone has a huge spider on their back and you don't want them to freak out so you don't say anything. I waited until Jen had a step or two between her and the guy before I said anything. Who goes to busy over-crowded markets with their big ol' python and thinks that nobody will be bothered? I'll bet he's got some good stories.
We saw this guy later on with his wife and child who also had matching dreds. People can do what they want with themselves as adults, but I felt kinda bad for this kid who looked like he hadn't bathed in weeks.
Fresh produce stand.
For ten points, see if you can tell what movie sound effect this guy was going for on his didgeridoo. You'll have to listen closely and filter out all the other background noises.
For ten points, see if you can tell what movie sound effect this guy was going for on his didgeridoo. You'll have to listen closely and filter out all the other background noises.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
helicopter
Answer: a light saber. Star Wars was not a part of our childhood so this probably wasn't the best trivia for the Thurber family blog.
Post a Comment