My mom stayed with us for the first week and she was a lifesaver! Then I had a week to myself, which went ok, except that I accomplished very little besides caring for the girls. I also discovered that if I want to leave the house I have to start getting everyone ready at least an hour in advance. Now my mother-in-law Cathy is in town to help for another week which will be great.
Here are some pictures we've taken since being at home. Sorry some of them are dark; Jane cooperates better with the flash off. The lips:
She always likes to have her hands or arms up by her face.
After a bath, which she hates, wrapped up in her cute towel, which she loves.
Our first attempt at a family picture. I know you may not believe me but this really was the best shot we got. My parents were patient photographers but both girls were crying for most of the session.

My dad flew in last weekend to run the Ogden marathon. My uncle Byron and Aunt Marci ran it too, my Grandpa did the half marathon, and my Grandma did the 5k. I was feeling a little jealous watching from the sidelines as all the runners came in. Here's my dad with his support team (my grandpa and uncle) who joined him as he crossed the finish line.
26.2 miles is a lot. Actually, my dad's version was about 27.8 miles long - you'll have to ask him about that one. :)
9 comments:
What a cutie Jane is!!
Yah more baby Jane pictures. I love the one of her in her pink towel, she looks so pretty. I'm glad to hear to you are all doing well, and I cant wait to meet the newest member of your family!
She is precious! I love her lips. They're so pouty. Congrats to Mark and co. on their respective races.
That's how I look when I ran Boston, my head down, one step at a time. We shall overcome! We shall.
And a very cute new grandbaby!!!!!!!!
AuntE
Could your girls get any more beuatiful? Congratulations to you all! And yes- it does get better... We'll be crossing our fingers for lots of sleep at your house.
And those lips are to die for.
Oh, I miss you guys! Janie has changed a lot since I left. I miss holding her! Kate is a great big sis and very loving to Janie. Janie's face in the bath towel pic looks a lot like one of you when you were that age. Thanks for posting - we love pictures - but get your sleep, too!
Cute! I love the picture with Jane in the bath towel! She looks like she is having an excellent time! I'm glad! Good luck with the diaper changing and baths!
Christine Thurber
I love how you posted those marathon pictures at the end of the entry, just so everybody would know how good they had it when they were looking at BabyJane.
i love all of them but the one in the bath towel! and dad you are about to run out of bounds
Post a Comment