Monday, April 26, 2010

This has been "The Place"

We've loved living here in Utah. It really has been "the place" for our family. We're also really looking forward to moving to Texas. With time running short in the beehive state, we've tried to do lots of uniquely Utah things including winter play. We've got so many pictures I'm gonna split up the post and do another one later after people are ready to get pasted (one of my favourite words making a comeback in my vocab) again.

While my family was in town for March Madness, we hit up the "This is the Place" momument.

Hiking in Millcreek canyon just 10 min. from our house. We're really gonna miss the mountains and easy access to beautiful country.

The biggest snowball I could make by myself - yes I'm out of shape.

Maxin' on the snow couch. Poor Kate's wearing a sweet hand-me-down snowsuit that's intended for 18 month olds - how embarrassing.

It's supposed to be a couch in front of a flat screen TV on a stand. I've got TV on the brain recently, which is weird because we hulu everything we want to watch. Still I'm excited for the day when we can have a real TV (read like Pinocchio).

In other news we matched at Texas A&M in Temple, TX for an internal medicine residency. This is me on match day with my letter - happy day. Ultimately I want to go into Gastroenterology, which is everything digestive system.

Scott & White Memorial Hospital where I'll be working in July.

Sunset shot from our apartment looking out towards Salt Lake.

"2nd child neglect syndrome" manifesting itself in a solo game of peekaboo.


I'm a fan of the way kids make songs fit their vocabulary or at least what they think they're hearing. It's tough to convince Kate that some of those words aren't right. Favourite part is the quiet burp that doesn't throw off her rhythm - a true performer.


We can't wait to see everyone so soon.

4 comments:

Pops said...

Wow, what are the RPMs on Baby Jane's peek-a-boo game? She is a machine. Thanks for the pictures and videos, and good luck with everything these last few weeks.

Marleen said...

Some great memories - you guys took advantage of lots of fun things in Utah. If only getting a couch was as easy as rolling snow together. Loved the videos - so cute - such darling granddaughters!

sam and brittney said...

Your girls keep on getting cuter and cuter! Love the videos!

DelinClint said...

Holy mother I haven't laughed so hard since Camille last posted on here. Both were hilarious but Jane's was a cut above.