Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Meeting Trevor


After 39 weeks of anticipation, we finally got to meet our little guy!  Trevor Scott Swendsen was born on Friday, July 6th at 3:22 am.  He weighed 8 lbs 3.5 oz and measured 20.5 inches long. 

I woke up at 1:20 am with my first contraction and two hours later, he was here!  It was a little alarming to have such a fast labor, especially because the epidural came so late - right before the pushing stage.  I wasn't a big fan of that, but at least it was all over fairly quickly and we finally got to see our baby boy.

This is the best open-eyed shot we got of him when he was brand-new.

Here's a little video of the girls meeting baby Trevor for the first time.  They had been waiting for a long time for this.  Kate kept asking me how many sleeps were left before he would come out.

So far the girls have been really sweet with him.

Initially we thought Trevor looked a lot like Janie, but now it's harder to tell.

He definitely has a lot of the Swendsen side in him.  I've accepted the fact that Scott's genes are just stronger than mine. :)


My amazing friend Elisabeth responded to my middle of the night phone call and came to our house to sleep while we hurried to the hospital.  Then when the girls woke up in the morning she took them back to her house and made this welcome banner with them.  By the way, she has five little kids of her own.

A couple of pictures of Trev at home - don't mind the spitup on his jammies...

I don't know what it's like to take care of three kids yet because my mom and little sister Christine have been here helping me out.  They have been awesome. 

We feel so blessed to have this sweet baby in our family.

8 comments:

Christine said...

I love Trevor! He is just so adorable I can't even stand it! It's been a privilege to come here and spend time with the little guy:) REALLY cute pictures on this post! Love them!

Jen Low said...

Congrats to you both! He looks like one of yours that's for sure, he fits right in with his cute older sisters. Listen, your genes aren't as weak as mine let's just leave it at that :)

Good luck with 3 kids. I always look to you since we've got the medical resident connection. Please tell me that residency is possible with 3 kids, or else it might be a while before we have # 3 :)

Page said...

Yay, I have been waiting anxiously for pictures!! He does look like Scott, for some reason mostly in that picture on the Boppy where he's kind of grimacing.

Michelle said...

Beautiful! Congratulations to all involved and well done, Jen!

Melissa said...

Oh my!! He looks so sweet. Congrats. Glad he made it safely. Look forward to holding him when you visit Marleen. We are only 10 minutes away :)

cathyswendsen said...

So adorable to see Trevor and the girls reaction to him on video. I'll be there soon to enjoy him with all of you.

Cannon said...

So excited that little Trevor is here! We love him already!!! xoxo

Rachel Holloway said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Congrats, congrats, congrats!