Sunday, February 12, 2006

ski formal, the sequel

It's been awhile since anyone's posted on here so I thought I'd bring you guys up to date and share pictures of our recent exploits.

The day after my birthday Scott and I spent the weekend at Alta ski resort, staying in my friend's parents' cabin, which we had all to ourselves. There were caretakers that live in the basement of the house and they came to pick us up in this "snow cat" - basically a tank designed for snow - because we had to go straight up the mountain and regular cars just couldn't pull that off. The caretakers were really nice and talked a lot - I think they get lonely up there. (It's a pretty isolated cabin.) Anyway, it was nice that they gave us the royal treatment even though we weren't paying a dime. We thought that the coolest thing about the house was the outdoor hot tub that was surrounded by a huge wall of snow. We had fun with that.

The next morning we got up, put our ski gear on, and skied away from the cabin. We skied for the full day and it was tons of fun. Alta is a really nice resort because it's at a pretty good altitude and so it gets tons of snow. The only downside to Alta, though, is the chair lifts. They don't have that nice "security" bar that you can pull down in front of you when you get on, so we were basically dangling unprotected from the chair (sometimes like 50 feet from the ground). A little unsettling at first, but I got used to it. Scott, on the other hand, was scared out of his mind every time. (Just kidding of course.) Also, Larry the caretaker joined us for the first half of our day. He pretty much invited himself, I think because he wanted people to ski with, but that was ok with us because Alta is pretty big and he showed us all the good spots to go to. Anyway, going skiing made us excited to teach the kids when they come to visit.

So the other event I wanted to post pictures from was our ward "Valentine's Formal." It was this semiformal dinner/dance event. The food was crappy and the dance fizzled fast, but it was pretty fun to dress up and stuff at least. Scott purchased a bowtie and cumberbun to make a makeshift tux and he looked pretty Bond-like. We tried a couple of Bond with the girl poses but they didn't turn out quite like we hoped.

One of our first dates (over 2 years ago) was a ski formal - thus the title of this post. It's fun to think of all the things that Scott and I have done together over the past couple of years. He makes everything better. Hope to see some more posts from you guys in the near future!

*For some reason the ski trip pics wouldn't load on here, so you can go to the Swendsen blog to see those (www.swendsenfamilie.blogspot.com).






0 comments: