Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Belated Hawaii Post

I'm sure you've all seen the Hawaii post on the Swendsen Blog. Here are some of the pictures that didn't make the cut last time, and probably shouldn't now.

A cute little bird that was stealing my french fries. This was likely one of the mainlander birds displacing the local population.


Jen's idea of an even distribution of sunscreen. Next time I'll get a monkey to do it.


Palm trees on the grounds by our condo.


Our guide said that lobsters hide up in these tube looking things. This lava rick formed in the last 200 years.


Get a load of this "try hard" howlie. (that's a white person) He has the get up mostly down except for the socks and sneakers.


You can tell I wasn't going to be able to hold this out very long.


Very rare sighting of exotic Hawaiian chickens. Tourists will take pictures of everything.


We've got a bunch more pictures that I wanted to post but the program is giving me grief. We'll have to show you the rest another time. Only 38 more sleeps until we get to Houston.

1 comments:

Marleen said...

Scott, that was an amazing posting of pictures - thank you so much for
making us feel like we were there!
Can't wait to see the rest of them.
We are glad you and Jennifer are home safe and sound and had a good time in Oregon.