Hi family! This morning Brittney and Jackie gave me a Provo baby shower. It was really fun to catch up with people and I got lots of cute stuff. Also, on Thursday I had a ward baby shower, which was a really nice event. People who barely know me went to a lot of effort on my behalf. Well today I gathered together my winnings and spent the afternoon sorting and organizing all of Kate's clothes and putting the newbornish sizes in her closet and new dresser. It was super fun; ask Scott how much I loved it. Anyway, below is a group picture from the Provo shower. It was taken at the end so several people who had already left didn't make it into the shot.

As requested by Mom, here are a couple of shots of the new haircut. Please excuse the water stains on my shirt - how embarrassing.

This one also showcases The Belly.

Scott volunteered at the homeless clinic while I was at my baby shower this morning. One of the patients kept calling him "doctor," so here he is offering his "expert" advice to the homeless who see no difference between a first year medical student and a brain surgeon.

Dr. Swendsen, all tuckered out after saving the world yet again.
3 comments:
Scott, that's my spot on the couch there.
And Jennifer, I wouldn't use the term "winnings". As you know, the prophet (that's the father of your visiting teacher) has warned us against games of chance. Life throws us enough surprises -- we don't need to inject additional uncertainty. In fact, I'm thinking of doing Christmas this year without wrapping paper. (Good thing you'll be in Calgary.)
On the other hand, it's all for little Kate, so that covers a multitude of sins. Makes it more like a charity auction, or Catholic bingo. I think I'll let this one slide.
oh yeah
Hey, I like the haircut and "do". Thanks for the shower picture and Scott looks like he's already a doctor and a father! Your apt. also looks good - can't wait to come!
Post a Comment