Friday, October 19, 2007

Houston trip

So last weekend Kate and I took off for a few days to Houston to see the family while Scott stayed home studying for his test and eating all the leftovers I had provided for him. (Call me an enabler.) It was so fun to see the family and to watch them play with Kate, and "Grandma and Grandpa" were very generous as always (as was Camille - thanks for the jeans!) and showed us a great time. But we missed Scott, of course. Kate was ecstatic when we got back and she saw him at the airport. By the way, how can a little baby be so discerning about who's funny and who isn't? I mean, adults know that Scott's a pretty funny guy, but Kate figured out early on that he's the funny one and she laughs expectantly every time he's nearby. It really is cute to watch, and I'm not TOO jealous.

Anyway, a few highlights of our trip included shopping for Kate, great restaurants, a trip to the Oil Ranch, and dinner with Dan, Heather, and the boys. I was particularly impressed with the Oil Ranch - every little kid who goes there is sure to have a blast.


The pumpkin patch at the Oil Ranch.


Kate selected this pumpkin from the bunch.

Buyer's remorse?

I was thrilled that they allowed Kate to do her own pony ride, with me following next to the horse, of course. So fun.

So at the Oil Ranch they take you on this hay ride where you get to stop and feed the cows. They are HUGE. They stick their heads right in and seriously invade your personal space, as seen below.

Kate accidentally stuck her fist up a cow's nostril and was very startled. Here she is seeking refuge after the unfortunate bovine snot incident.

Being silly with a straw. By the way, Kate LOVES her Aunt Christine.


And her Uncle Austin. Check out that bed head (on Kate)!

When Dan and Heather came over we did a little early birthday celebration for the soon-to-be one-year-old.

It was a dream come true.

This one's a little embarrassing.

Here's a family picture for the ward directory. Not everyone was excited about dressing up for it, as you can see.

Thanks for the great time, guys! We can't wait til Christmas.

3 comments:

Pops said...

Sitting here quietly doing my document and this pops up. So much for getting anything else done tonight -- too distracted by the week-old pictures of you know who.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Jennifer. We had
a fun time with you two here. Send
Kate anytime! We'll have to return
to the Oil Ranch again sometime.
Looking forward to Christmas!

Jennie said...

What fun! I love the pics of her eating the cake!

It's the sad life as a med student's wife...when you take vacations without them because they have to study. I know, I've done it lots. But it's fun to get away anyway!