Sunday, December 02, 2007

We're thankful for Las Vegas

Nice clean family fun in Las Vegas - if there is such a thing. We found all kinds of fun free stuff to do on our limited budget over Thanksgiving weekend. Here are some of the highlight pictures. Just because we know you want to ask - no we didn't gamble (not even a penny), yes we saw about three Elvi (plural of Elvis), and even with all the bright lights Kate slept really well in the bathtub.


Family photo inside the "Wynn." It's a gorgeous new hotel named after Steve Wynn, who owns most of the nice casinos in Las Vegas.

Here's Kate tracting in Las Vegas knocking on the door of her uncle (Elder Thurber) whom she has never met. And of course we made sure that we didn't accidently run into him.


Evidence that this was indeed Clint's apartment - a note to his mission president!


The glazed, I've-been-awake for-eight-hours-straight look from Kate. She was really good on our trip even though her regimented nap schedule was out of whack. This is at the Arby's near Clint's apartment while we waited for him to vacate the premises.


Clint's car. This means that we were actually no more than 30 feet from Clint at this point. It was such an adrenaline rush to be just outside his apartment while he was there. We felt so sneaky.


Chubby face.


Kept kept saying "peaze" for our food, so like any good parents, we gave her a lime slice, which she ate grimacing like this with each taste.


The Bellagio water show. The only genuinely classy thing in Las Vegas.


Mirage volcano show. Kate was scared by the loud thunderings and flashes of fire. She was burying her head on Jen's shoulder - so sweet.


Even as Kate wore down she was really pleasant. This shot was taken close to the flamingos at the Flamingo. Like the lions at the MGM Grand, she said "baaaa" to the pink flamingos.


The two prettiest girls I know. That's the New York New York in the background.

Addendum:
Scott meant to include this picture too. Here Kate is watching the fish at an aquarium in Caesar's Palace. She got really excited every time a new fish swam by.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chills went down my spine as I viewed the pictures of Kate tracting at Clint's door. Wow, what an adrenaline rush! Austin and Christine would have loved to do that. It looks like you guys
had a great time - and Kate has such a cheerful disposition. Good pictures. Thanks for posting.

Page said...

Fun trip!!! It seems like it will be such a long time before we can take our baby to do things like that. That first family pic is a keeper... all 3 look very good looking.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! This is mom (Jennifer) - can you change the identity back on the "comment" to
"other"? Otherwise I'm "anonymous" (as above).

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom, I think "other" is now called "nickname," but it works the same way. :)

megan&steve said...

Stalking in Vegas. This is a new hobby.
Kate is totally cute and our son Jake would like to call her in about 15 years.

Page said...

JEN: Congratulations on posting a comment on Mrs. Dub's blog!! I have wondered if I'll ever gather up the courage to do the same. I also find it very amusing that I, like you, mentioned Mrs. Dub's pregnancy to my husband in the discussion of how my day had gone.