So I happen to know that a lot of smart people read this blog. If you, smart reader, have ever asked yourself, "How can I use my extensive knowledge of the English language to help end world hunger?" then look no further. My friend Janina posted on her blog about this website and Scott and I are addicted. It is a completely legitimate website that donates 20 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program for every word that you correctly match to its synonym. The money for the rice is generated by the companies that advertise on the website. Anyway, you may get SAT flashbacks while you're playing this vocabulary game, but it's kind of fun (in an embarrassing, nerdy way) to see what level you can get to. So I hereby issue a challenge to all of you to see who can reach the highest level. My individual record is level 43, but when I "played doubles" (combining my brain with Scott's) we reached level 44. Just think of all the hungry people you're feeding while you're wasting your life on this game. And keep us updated via comments on your progress!P.S. Let the records show that after a monthlong blog drought, this is post #5 in one week! Keep up the good work, you guys. If you would like to see Scott's witty annual report on the Swendsen blog output, click here.
6 comments:
Using a dictionary is cheating, Dad. :)
Just kidding - but man, now I'm going to waste a bunch of time trying to tie your record. (The website said getting above 48 is extremely rare.)
Great game to play while nursing your baby, especially during the 3:00 a.m. feeding. (Note the time of my comment.)
My first time I got a 40. Who knew that "mufti" means "civilian dress"???
oops, that last comment was Page, not Rick.
Sorry for those of you who were grossed out thinking of Rick nursing the baby.
This is awesome! I'll have to try it. So...who counts the grains of rice to give away? That would be a painstaking job ;)
AWESOME!! way to spread the nerdy, hunger-fightin love!! i love you guys! and WOW on reacing a 43!! i think my high score was a 41-or-2. so good job! now i'm motivated to beat you! hahaha :) love ya!
Cool site. It's now on my favorites.
Post a Comment