Well I have kept myself busy as usual over the last little while. I have mostly been surfing, and we have done several other things with no photographic evidence available right now, but as my friends post pictures I'll put them on here.
Among those things was a hike to the Maunawili waterfalls, where you can jump off the canyon walls into the little pool at the bottom. We estimated the scariest of the jumps to be about fifty feet, and you have to stand about three feet back from the edge and jump up, out and over a ledge without seeing much of what is below you until you are in the air and on your way down. Probably the scariest thing I have done, including the event that is the main subject of this post.
Also included was a 2-day trip down to Waikiki and the south shore, with a visit to the Dole Plantation and Sunset Beach at sunset on the way back. We mostly surfed in Waikiki. Friday night we went to Cheesecake Factory and then ran into a huge group of girls we knew and went clubbing. The whole weekend was awesome but pretty exhausting.
I threw together a group and swam to and then hiked Chinaman's hat, this small island a little ways off the beach. It's pretty steep but the view from the top is great.We did some things last night which made it possibly one of the most fun of my life, and one girl took really good pictures so I will wait for those and post one more time before I leave Hawaii.
I will preface this particular string of photos by saying that my frequent posts do not represent an intention to flaunt things I am doing or the place I am in; my family asks for photos and blog updates almost weekly, so I comply when I can string together a few spare minutes here and there.

Signing our lives away...
All harnessed up, confident, and ready to go
This girl is seriously one of the funniest I have ever known
The tiny little plane we flew in
View from the plane as we continue to ascend...Asenath paid about $150 extra for professional pictures, so let's follow her journey back to earth...




(not Asenath...)
Safe landing
Just to anticipate some of your comments, we did have a couple of other guys lined up to go who bailed late in the game. Sarah is back row, 2nd from right in pink and her and I were the planners of this entire excursion. We made a promise on the beach one day that we would go no matter what, and these were the other adventurers who decided to join us that day! (Back row L to R: Lauren, Chelsea, Sarah, Brooke. Front L to R: Melanie, Asenath, Jackie.)
Aloha playas! (no pun intended)
5 comments:
Are all the scary things done now?
cool pics, by the way.
Make sure you don't tell me when you're going bungee jumping - I only want to hear about it AFTER it's over. Glad you've had a good
break in Hawaii - thanks for the pictures! Love, Mom
I liked the pun at the end. :) Sweet pictures! I can't believe you went skydiving - that is so awesome. And I like that you went with all those cute girls.
So jealous! Are you really going bungee jumping too? You have done quite the thorough job of beefing up your extreme resume.
Clint - I think its awesome that the only other people that went with you were girls. I can't believe the guys chickened out. Thats too funny. Way to go. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment