We found an uninhabited spot!
At the zoo, Kate's candy supply never got a chance to build up - she took the revolving door approach to receiving and consuming.
This is why Clint and Camille get a special shout-out in her nightly prayers.
This year our family Halloween costume theme was based on Kate's favorite movie, 101 Dalmations. In case you are less familiar with the characters (because YOU aren't forced to watch this movie every day), I was Cruella Deville and Scott was Jasper, one of the henchmen. Here we are at our ward party.
Kate's first year of trick-or-treating was a success. She figured out the system pretty quick, but occasionally when faced with a huge bowl of candy she would forget her line and just stare, dumbstruck at the wealth of sugar presented to her:
We didn't do a ton of candy collecting, but at the end of the night she was pretty pleased with her haul. She made it clear the moment she was done collecting and ready for eating. I then tried to take her to one more house and when the guy presented his bowl of candy to Kate, she said, "No, I don't want it." I was embarrassed and forced her to take a piece (what's wrong with that picture?), but we called it a night after that.
Individual shots of our costumes. Unfortunately, after four vigorous shampoos, the side of my hair that was spray-dyed black still looks like some bad attempt to go brown/blue. Hopefully it will go away soon...
Even when he was alone, a little girl recognized Scott as "that guy from Dalmations!"
Kate's second birthday was yesterday, the day after Halloween. She knew about all the birthday rituals since we'd celebrated early while in Houston, and during the day she kept telling me, "I want a happy birthday, Mommy!" Sad! The only thing fun I did during the day was to take her to Olive Garden for lunch (because I wanted to go), and she asked, "Is this a birthday restaurant?" I assured her that it was. Eventually the time came for the real "happy birthday" stuff - presents and singing and cake. Her cakes were thrown together at the last minute, and I only post this picture of them because I'm opening myself up to be mocked. My friend Lisa and I attempted some unplanned decorating with chocolate frosting and this is what resulted - a far cry from the trend of impressively elaborate homemade birthday cakes. Scott also took a close-up to show what the frosting reminded him of, but I'll spare you all from that shot.
It's nice to have a kid who's still young enough to be thrilled with balloons, Play-Doh, and a Mrs. Potato Head for her birthday. This is the cheese face she makes when she's told to smile.
7 comments:
Didn't make her go cold turnkey on the passi, huh?
Jennifer, you are a dead ringer for the real thing. Are those real dog pelts?
LOVE your costumes! What a cute family you are. And why is it that I see no signs of a pregnant tummy yet? That's just plain not fair. :)
excellent costumes yall. scott i love the addition of the flashlight to yours, it invokes images of the real thing. im sorry i wasn't around to see the accompanying acts for your characters
Wow - I'm so impressed! Scott, you are a dead-ringer for Jasper.
The look on your face, your stance, clothes, everything. And, Jennifer, you are very convincing as Cruella, too. Good luck with the hair problem. Kate is on my computer background again. Love, Mom
Your family costumes are too good! I will have to call you for ideas when we actually decide to dress up one of these years. Kate is so funny!!
Love love the costumes! You guys are soo cute! Happy belated B-day Kate!
Great job on the costumes. Kate is so cute. Jennifer you look great!
Post a Comment