Monday, November 24, 2008

Nose to Tail, Rail to Rail



So last weekend we embarked on a boys-only, low-maintenance road trip down to Laguna Beach characterized by stops for gas only and loads of pre-purchased food to minimize costs. My item of choice was comprised of a jar of peanut butter, a jar of jelly, a loaf of bread, and one butter knife.


The story, in no particular order:

Scopin the surf at San Onofre before taking the plunge

I believe this was Trestles, judging by the look of the wave. Nice little peel and everything but no one was on it!

Jake, Mike, Jon, me post-San O on Friday

I wonder who is on that boat

Posing on the tracks for the famous Trestles picture between sessions on Saturday. If you are unfamiliar, these tracks run a train back and forth between SD and LA, and you have to cross them to get to the break at Trestles.

Jake havin' some fun on the longboard

Vegas emerging from behind the hill on the drive down Thursday night

Possibly the coolest people I have ever met. Jake's uncle and aunt put us up for three nights while we were down there, fed us like three different elaborate meals, and sent us on our way back Sunday morning with food and love.

A nice little righty at Trestles. Part of the reason this was such a perfect trip was that the waves were not only super-clean, but the perfect size and speed for me. Not over-bearing, but just challenging enough for my skill-level that I could have a blast.

Following Alan in his hippie van on the way to dawn patrol at Trestles Saturday morning.

Jon, Jake, me at Balboa park in San Diego Saturday night. Love this place. It made me want to sword-fight



Random guy who is either stretching or stoked. I like this picture.

Well I definitely got my fix. Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a good day. O-U-T

5 comments:

Marleen said...

Good post, Clint. I loved the pictures - be sure and send a thankyou to Jake's aunt and uncle.

Camille said...

Sounds like you had fun brotha! I liked the pictures and the pretty sunsets. Especially the one of Vegas... I wanna go there sooo bad!

Pops said...

Clint, your next job is to keep Camille OUT of Las Vegas.

DelinClint said...

one step ahead mom

Scott said...

Brings a tear to my eye seeing the picture of Vegas on the horizon - one of my all-time favorite panaromas. I heart Las Vegas.

Clint, it's hard to believe you've been working so hard with all the cool trips you've gone on. You are living it up.