(Yes Scott I do workout often)
Anyways continuing on... I woke up this morning at 6:15 (Yes I did get up that early on a Saturday morning for those who don't believe that's possible for me) and had 4 servings of Oatmeal with lots of brown sugar and a banana. We arrived to the meet and in warmups everyone warmed up with a panty hose, drag suit, and I was the only one who wore a long sleeved shirt. FYI we do this so when we jump in the water during the actual meet there is such a sensation of absolutely zero drag that it gives you a mental advantage as well as a physical one. I swam in 4 different events this meet which includes the 200y medley (relay team, everybody swims a different stroke, I swam anchor in the freestyle for 50y), I also swam the 50y individual freestyle (complete sprint, 2 lengths of the pool), the 100y individual freestyle (4 lengths of the pool, almost a complete sprint), and the 200y freestyle relay (4 guys, each swims 50y freestyle).
My goals for this meet and previous best times to newer best times:
50y freestyle: old time: 30.34 sec__ goal: 29.99 sec__ actual time: 29.35 sec
100y freestyle: old time: 1:11.5 sec___goal: 1:09.99___actual time: 1:06.99 sec
Relays: Don't really know the split times because I didn't really care to find out.
Here are some pictures/video from the events I swam in...
This speedo I swam in was a size 26... Even if you get your
own waste size it's still very tight so you could probably
imagine how tight it was...
This is my 100y free time I'm the 1:06.99
Mom apparently paid Christine $1 to take a picture of this "lion haired" woman (I don't even know if it would be socially acceptable to call her a woman). And she probably has no idea her picture was blogged onto the internet.
50 freestyle video (I look like I'm having a tea party from outside of the
water, but when you're swimming it it's like a nuclear war in there).
7 comments:
I love this blog!
Good blog, Austin.
We called that woman the Lion Queen. Mom caught her in the bathroom primping. The humidity in the natatorium didn't match up too well with the Serengeti. Christine is basking in her new wealth.
Sweet post Austin! You're freaking huge! We should compare your current picture to that video of you flexing a few years ago where you had to draw your muscles on. I want some swimming lessons next time we're down there in Houston.
I'm glad the whole family is getting in on this posting. It makes wasting time on the internet so much more fun. Congratulations Austin on swimming well.
Wow! Austin that is so great! Way to go. Swimming is very difficult. You look like a pro.
nice dude
by the way i love that pictures were taken of the lion lady. bien hecho
Go, Austin!
Jen, where is your birthday post?? Happy b-day, friend!!!!!!!1
Post a Comment