Thursday, April 30, 2009

What we've been doing instead of having the baby

No newborn pics to share yet, but we've still been taking pictures. Scott has two weeks off right now between rotations so he's been nesting with me and we've been able to fit in a little extra family fun too.

Kate and I have had some toe and nail painting fun together. Painting my own toenails was not an easy task!

Cute spring dress from Grandma.

One rainy day, Scott took Kate out for some planned puddle splashing because he's the coolest Dad ever. It was a dream come true for her. By the end she was wet and cold but totally stoked.

A sunset right by our apartment complex. Scott was the photographer.

Kate's cousin Reese came in town for a weekend and we enjoyed watching them run around shrieking and giggling together.

Scott likes this picture because he thinks the toothpick makes Kate look mature/funny. I put it up as proof that my soon-to-be-MD husband gave his child a sharp object to play with.

Scott's family was in town and we all got tickets to the Salt Lake Real soccer game. His sister Laura has some connections with the owner's family and got us upgraded to box seats with free catered food and lots of other fun stuff. It was a blast! It didn't hurt that Salt Lake won 6-0.

So I've been doing lots of exercising lately in hopes that I would go into labor, and so far have nothing to show for my efforts except some sore muscles. Yesterday we went to Millcreek Canyon and hiked up to Grandeur Peak. It was about 7 miles round trip and fairly taxing getting to the top. The weather and scenery were gorgeous.

Scott carried the heavier of our two children in the backpack so he was about as tired as me by the end, especially since Kate kept insisting that he talk only in a "mouse voice."

At the top. Kate cracks me up in this picture. She was crying because her hands were cold from the snow that she was adamant about scooping up without any gloves. Also let me point out that she had dressed herself.

Part of the gorgeous view. We could see most of the valley and even Utah Lake by Provo, but none of that showed up very well in our pictures.

Final belly picture at almost 39 weeks. Our next post will feature a tiny new member of our family!

12 comments:

Page said...

I have the secret to stimulating your labor.

I will email it to you.

Pops said...

Looks like a beautiful hike, I'd like to try that trail sometime. Do I have to paint my toenails first?

Jennie said...

Yeah for cute pregnancy pics! And how awesome/crazy are you for hiking that much while 9 months pregnant?! :) Way to go.

I can't wait to see your next cute baby! Good luck!

Marleen said...

I hope to see the new one BEFORE the next post! That is quite impressive that you hiked up a mountain while 9 months pregnant - but you are in great shape, too. Kudos to Scott for taking the heavier load. =) Kate is cute as ever - I love the painted nails!

Britney said...

It must be a really tiny baby bc you don't look 9 months pregnant!

The Ziemers said...

Man you look great, Jen! I hope Scott was all prepared to deliver a baby on top of a mountain! I'm glad he didn't have to, though. You are very brave.

Melissa said...

Jen you look incredible! You are such a trooper for going a 7 MILE HIKE! Good luck. Hope all goes well with the delivery.

DelinClint said...

I think you DO look 9 months pregnant

Camille said...

haha i was about to say what clint said until i read it. your belly looks fake, because you're so skinny and then there's a watermelon in there out of no where. better than being fat though.

Camille said...

oh very cute pictures by the way, this "post" is one of my favorites so far.

Salem said...

I can. not. believe you have a whole baby in that belly!!! You look SO great!!! And Page, I want the secret to stimulating labor, too. :)

Megan said...

I can't believe you hiked that far!!!!! You look great, but you probably don't feel it and are ready for the baby. Good luck!