Monday, October 12, 2009

Our life in pictures

On our "back porch." Jane is five months old now and finally sleeping 11 hours at night, which makes her easy to love. She is very happy and charming but also has a stubborn, willful streak that scares me a little.


We heard that white is a trendy polish color right now, but I'm not sure that I'm a fan. Kate sure loves a good nail polish party though.

Kate started preschool this year and I'm not sure who's loving it more, her or me. Below is what she wore to school for Western Day. The cute red boots were on loan from her BFF Sophie. The stick of gum in her hand was my attempt to bribe her into smiling. All morning she kept whining, "My mouth hurts," and I brushed her off because usually when she says that she just has a mouth sore. By that evening she was legitimately sick with a croupy cough that lasted a week and a half - oops.

I finally got this smile out of her.

My dad came up to Salt Lake a week before running the St. George marathon to acclimate to the altitude here. He tried to work remotely from our apartment but it wasn't exactly a professional environment.
Kate with her great-grandpa Adams. He and Grandma Adams were so kind as to watch Kate while we went to St. George to cheer on the marathon runners. Kate was still whiny from her illness and I won't blame them if they never volunteer to watch our kids again. Ever since Kate's been better I can't stop hugging her and telling her how sweet she is because I'd forgotten she could be so pleasant to be around. I think she looks so grown up in this picture.

The marathoners. Clint and Dad ran together the whole way. We also had a smattering of relatives that ran, mostly from my dad's side but also including Uncle Byron and Aunt Marci from my mom's side.

A post-race interview. Don't believe what Dad says at the end - he's already planning on another marathon on New Year's Day.


Clint, Becky, Dad, and me laughing at one of Byron and Marci's funny stories.

Honest Abe?

St. George temple.

Storytime with Daddy.

Jane and her cousin Thomas. He's only 2 1/2 months old but they're almost the same size! Jane isn't a small baby, either.

Kate thought she would never have to do tummy time again. I think she still has nightmares about it. Jane doesn't mind it nearly as much.

Funny Jane face.





Last weekend Scott met up with his best friends from college to watch BYU play UNLV in Vegas. They had a fun time catching up and I was glad he was only gone for a day and a half.

Scott and Kate like to bond while watching their popcorn pop. This is one of a handful of activities that Kate reserves as special between her and Daddy. (The zoo is another.)

Our last pool trip of the year. The next day it snowed. I'm not ready for cold weather to come!

5 comments:

DelinClint said...

Jane is my girl! Love how she is perpetually stoked. Nice covert pic of Mr. Lincoln. And Jen, this is your last winter for at least three years. Yeeeeeeehaw!

Pops said...

Jennifer, thanks for all the pictures, those are well-chosen and good commentary. Sorry for looking so scary after the race.

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this post - the pictures are great (want to squeeze those little ones)! Jane and Kate are growing so fast - and I also enjoyed the post-run interview, Scott (very creative)!

Mom

Anonymous said...

that's awesome. "Honest Abe" was beastin' it. and so was kate in her western day clothes. lol

Austin

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so beautiful! They definitely are lucky to have such a pretty Mama. Miss you guys. Jen, I am NOT ready for winter either - but I live in the land of it. Oh. Can we come visit you when you live in Texas again???