Matchy dresses!
Recent conversation I had with Kate:
Kate: "I love babies."
Me: "Why do you love them?"
Kate: [thinking] "Because they're so cute and small. And they love each other. And they love everyone. And they smile at everyone in the family, and we laugh about it. Well, we kind of laugh."
I thought she had some good insights.
Kate kept telling Jane to look at the camera:
The leopard print shirt brought out her inner artist.
I really like this aerial view of her little arm and the way she's holding the brush - you can sense her high level of concentration even though you can't see her face.
Houston highlight: makeovers from Aunt Camille! Kate was constantly asking Camille to put makeup on her, and Camille was really nice about it. However, when I heard Kate say "I don't look pretty unless I have makeup on," we decided the makeovers needed to stop. Scary words to hear from your 3-year-old daughter!
Back view.
They say you're supposed to work with your natural hair texture rather than fight it - so here's to bedhead! A little hairspray and you're good to go!
Scott tried to talk me out of posting this picture but I can't imagine why. Isn't it cool to build 3-D movable puzzles? This one was called the "Robo-Crocodile."
Scott wandered upstairs looking for Austin on Christmas morning and this is what he found.
For some, Christmas is all about the Benjamins.
This little Beanie Baby with huge eyes was a big hit with Janie. She smiles at it every time it "looks" at her.
Kate's birthday wish for a princess dress finally came true on Christmas day.
Camille's happiest Christmas moment.
Dad was Santa this year and he did really well, except for a pair of shoes he got Camille that were 3 1/2 sizes too big. This was Mom's reaction.
Fun with stocking stuffers - sunglasses and, of course, lip gloss.
The Mortensens (Becky's family) came to Houston to spend New Year's with us. They're a great family and we really enjoyed hanging out with them.
4 comments:
I have to say my favorite picture here is the first one (of Kate and Jane) - awww - how cute!!!!
We're missing our granddaughters already (well, parents too, of course). The picture of Austin says everything.
love the puzzle
Love all the pictures of Kate and Janie. They are so adorable. That probably was pretty scary to hear Kate say that about the makeup at age 3!! Way to document the trip guys, I really blew it this year. I am very impressed with the way Kate holds a paintbrush. It is actually the way one ought to hold a brush. That was you are really seeing the brush strokes. I am too much of a perfectionist and often hold my brush just like a pencil, but this isn't proper. Way to go Kate! I am proud to see you are on your way to being a great artist! Muah!
Scott - that puzzle is pretty sweet.
Post a Comment