
Seriously, we had a blast. The 20 minutes spent outside on the balcony creating our chalk-art was just enough to make us very glad we were not actually camping out. Clint actually had a hankering for some sweet treats that night, a thing which rarely happens, so the s'mores went over very well with him. And we were left with a lot of excess marshmallows and graham crackers (they always sell ya too many--like hot dog buns...), so naturally we've had to restock our Hershey bar supply a few times and make s'mores for dessert after most subsequent meals.
When I was little, we use to watch The Wonderful World of Disney every Sunday night as a family. Freshly popped popcorn and red kool-aid were on the menu every time. That tradition continued even when we were older. The maturity levels of the movies watched changed through the years, and when dad graduated and actually started making money the kool-aid was replaced with IBC Root Beer. So many IBC Root Beers. One morning after having all the Young Men over for a movie party (my dad was the YM prez at the time, so that kind of thing was pretty common at our house), our neighbor saw the large recycling bin full of IBC bottles and said to my mom a little snidely, "I thought you were Mormon." If I had been there I probably would have said something smart-alicky like, "Yeah, but it's really hard work. Sometimes I just need a vacation." Luckily my mom thinks things through a little bit better than I do. And it is true-- the bottles are a bit deceptive.
Anywho... this Summer was wonderful. It just went way too quickly. The Lady Trip and Man Trip were the bomb-diggity. In the immortal words of Miley Cyrus, "There's a party in the U.S.A." Big BIG thank you the Mama and the Papa for all the fun! On top of being a great adventure, the Man Trip also afforded me time to finally get the office set up and to reorganize the entire apartment...
-I must say--junk drawers are SAWWEEET! All that junk used to live on a decorative platter atop our kitchen counter. Clint loves the junk drawer so much. I think maybe even more than his newly organized desk.
-Scott & Jennifer-- I mounted the BYU rug for all to see on Clint's half of the office. Isn't it handsome up there? Go Cougs!
-Clint's various musical instruments and guitar accessories proved to be the most challenging to find space for. Luckily old guitar amps are in vogue right now, so since his has had a few year off-duty it is now serving as a vintage hall table. Now if I can just figure out a way to stack those drums so they look like a modernist take on a Bernini--that would rock.
Clint's already in week 2 of year 2, and he really hit the ground running. If you give me permission, I will brag about him extensively. I am constantly impressed by all the pressures he is juggling. Thank you Scott and Jennifer for your great advice as we follow in your footsteps on this long journey to being gainfully employed. Mark & Marleen, your support this past year has been an unfathomable blessing in our lives. Thank you.
I have a special request-- please pray for a nice fat thunderstorm. I slept through the last rainstorm this past Sunday. And since they happen so infrequently as of late, I was really distraught about it. Really.
Till the next time we have some semi-interesting pics... Stay cool, family!


5 comments:
Haha the chalk drawings were awesome! and this is weird because we totally got a huge thunderstorm... weird!
Austin
Loved this post, Becky! I'm so impressed with your organization skills - wow! Hm...I could use some of that around here. The camp night was a very creative idea! Yeah - we had a whopper of a thunderstorm here tonight - did you get it too?
Becky, you are the coolest ever. Seriously. The camping night looks totally awesome. And I will definitely be copying your s'mores over the stove idea.
the s'mores have been awesome! we have done it like 3 times since camping night!
Austin and Marleen- the thunderstorm ROCKED! I couldn't even believe it came that soon after posting this. And it was one of the best I've ever seen.
Jennifer & Clint- YAY for S'mores!!!
Post a Comment