Time to do a catch-up post. In chronicling our recent happenings, I thought I should include the bad with the good, so - yay for stomach flu! (This was actually almost two months ago.)
We went to Houston in August to belatedly celebrate Mom's birthday, and while we were there, we visited the downtown Aquarium. Highlights included a "shark encounter" train ride and a restaurant where you could eat dead fish while live ones watched. :)
The real reason for the visit - Mom's birthday! We celebrated Mexican-style since she had just finished her final Spanish class for her degree. We had a pinata, maracas, Latino music...
...and a tres leches/Mexican flag/shrine-to-Mom cake!
Kate started at a new preschool this fall and she is crazy about it. She actually asked if she could live there, "with you guys too, of course."
First school project.
In September we went to the BYU vs. UT game. It was fun, but would have been funner if they had won. Pretty sweet view from the UT stadium.
My good friend Vanessa came with us. She showed me what it means to be a truly intense fan. :)
We all did matching pedicures at home one day. It's fun having girls! (Note my hand holding Jane's wiggly feet in place so we could take the picture. She was probably crying while I was taking it. Memories, right?)
And finally - we got family pictures taken! Our friend Sherise is a talented photographer and she did a great job - I was really happy with them.
This is my favorite family shot.
It looks like Jane just farted on Kate in this picture. Wouldn't be surprised.
My favorite one of the girls.












8 comments:
No way! Rick was at that football game!!!
I love that you're carrying on the tradition of keeping a massive bowl next to you at all times while stomach flued. I always had a hard time when we used those same bowls for popcorn
haha, such fun! :) It sounds like your game with Vanessa had some good stories to be told. :)
And what a cool restaurant you went to! Wowsers! If we ever make it to Houston, I think we may need to stop there.
Love your family pics also! You have an adorable family anyway, but they were captures just so! :)
Great pictures - Kate is so pretty in her picture (wearing a dress) - I like the bowl idea to be passed on - Clint, I think those bowls were always cleaned well - ha - I hope! I also love Kate's poster - how fun - a keeper for sure.
What a fun little family! Ya'll are certainly the cutest little sickies I've ever seen-- all sprawled out on that bed. Cute toesies, girls! Kate & Jane- you are so lucky to have a mommy who loves you enough to do that!
haha clint... anyways awesome post!
Austin
Oh my gosh! I love this post! Clint, you make me laugh:) I love all the family pictures and Kate's school project! Better than mine... My favorite part is the look on both Kate and Jane's faces on the picture with Mom during her "fiesta". Priceless:)
Christine <3
Post a Comment