On the 4th of July we drove to Taylorsville to see the town fireworks show, which Scott was helping out with in his quest to be a fully certified pyrotechnician. The show was awesome! For a small town, their fireworks were pretty amazing.
A day and a half later, Trevor was born. Considering the fact that labor was only two hours long, and Taylorsville is 40 minutes away, I'm really glad it didn't happen while we were there.
A Canadian in disguise!
The girls were pretty pumped to bring their miniature flags to the 4th of July celebration. |
Waiting for the fireworks.
No actual pictures of fireworks, since those never seem to turn out, but they were neat.
Now, moving back in time a little more... to my baby shower!
I am lucky to have some amazing friends here who threw a great baby shower for Trevor with a BYU theme, hooray!
Vanessa, author of the theme and maker of the diaper cake. I don't think we really look alike in real life but somehow in this picture we kinda do.
There was lots of delicious food, of course.
A couple of cute babies were in attendance.
We played charades with a pregnancy/baby theme. Can't remember what Amy was drawing here.
Forgot to mention that our family camera was broken at the time so my friend Elisabeth took all the pictures for me. Which is why I'm in so many of them. It was a little alarming for me to see how overly animated my faces are in most of the photos. Like, is that what I look like in everyday conversation?? Or did I just amp it up for the shower?? Either way, it was frightening. I chose the tamest ones for this post.
I was so grateful for all of the nice gifts!
Here is the whole group. Melanie (the host, front row second from left) is replaced by Elisabeth in the next picture.
It was such a fun evening.
Here's the only pic of Trevor that was currently on our camera - evidence that he's chunking up. :)
And finally, Kate started kindergarten this week. She was totally pumped - not a bit nervous. She got the teacher we requested, has a friend from preschool in her class, and several church friends on her bus, so that helped make her feel more comfortable.
Jane was pretty sweet about all the attention Kate was getting for starting school. Janie will get her time to shine when she starts preschool next week.
Here is Kate in her class. I managed to keep from crying until I walked away. It is hard to see her grow up.
6 comments:
So cute. Nice pics of your shower - loved pictures of the new kindergartner - she's growing up too fast!!!
go kate! dominate!
What a fun shower! Loving Trevor's new pudge! It is crazy to see Kate so grown up, but she looks so ready to rock the next 12+ years of school!
Like the new blog look, too!
There's a.. couch?
Haha I love the blog post! Especially of the new kindergartener! :,) The fireworks and the baby shower looked like a blast too! Tell Kate good luck for meh:)
LOVE LOVE LOVE, Christine
by the way i like kate's shoes and that she's rocking the backpack while sitting at her desk.
Post a Comment