Final Grade In!!!

We proudly announce Marleen's final grade for Health & Aging Processes. Marleen took the final exam in this class on September 25, and the final exam grade was posted quickly thereafter, as previously noted. We then began our vigil, awaiting her grade for the class. No news. Days turned into a week, and Marleen decided to quit checking every hour (watched pot never boils, etc.). One week turned into two weeks, then three. The fingernails of everybody in the family were bitten way down, except Camille's (nail job, unsanitary) and Austin's (he forgot). Marleen started calling the home study office, but always got put off, although in a nice BYU sort of way: "Don't worry, I e-mailed the professor again today." "Can I talk to him?" "No, that isn't done here." "Can I talk to the director?" "No, he isn't in on weekdays." "Can I talk to your supervisor?" "That's me, girl." Also, several by-pass calls directly to the professor himself. No movement. No sound. No sign of life, but there was definitely somebody in that room. Finally decided not to prod the beast, so she went back to her seat and waited, a nervous wreck. Four weeks, nothing. Then, on the fifth day of the fifth week, also Kate's birthday, the phone rang at the office. Devereaux said Marleen is on the line. I am in the middle of a conference call, convened by me, 11 participants from China, Panama, Houston and New York, four separate countries, could I get back to her? Nope, had to be now. What is it dear? I got my grade, want to guess? Why don't you just tell me -- it's been so long that I no longer have an opinion. A! 97! I sank to the floor in disbelief, a drunken stupor of unmitigated joy that our little family of seven had been blessed with one more 97. Not sure when my client finally hung up the phone.
4 comments:
After the first few 97s I'm convinced Marleen intentionally missed just enough to maintain her 97% streak. Sounds like school is just too easy for Marleen. That's reason to celebrate. I've never seen anything like that. Congratulations.
That last comment was Scott.
Marleen still has what it takes to rule the classroom and set the curve! Way to go Mar! I am SO glad that I'm GIVING the tests now and not TAKING them! If I was, I'm sure I wouldn't be posting my scores on my blog! Congratulations - BIG TIME!
And when is Mark going to quit his day job and take over Dave Barry's humor column?!
Post a Comment