For awhile now, Kate has been sporting a sweet mullet since the back of her head seems to be the only place her hair will really grow. I've trimmed it twice already, but regretted doing so when my friend recommended the pigtail option to me. Nevertheless, I still did my darnedest to make those pigtails work. Someday she'll have hair...
Here you can see the measly little pigtails barely poking out from the sides of her head.
Helping fold the socks.
Scott tries to keep Kate (and himself) entertained in the back rooms while I teach piano in the front area, often for 2-3 hours at a time. I think he was losing it a bit one day during my teaching period when he took this self-portrait:
Last weekend Clint came up to hang out with us and we piled on our snow gear to go sledding.
This is the only actual sled we own. However, we got quite a bit of attention for our creative alternative sleds, including plastic garbage bags, a laundry basket, a frying pan, and, most notably, a large green queen-sized inflatable air mattress.
Unfortunately, Kate got really upset and she and I had to hang out in the car for a bit sans snowsuit. Still, we managed to grab a group photo at the end on our air mattress.
P.S. Don't mess with me. (As in, try to take my picture while I am eating.)
10 comments:
Yeah, Rae didn't like the whole hanging out in the snow either. Trevor stayed with her inside while I got to play. :)
Cute pigtails! You should get the clear "ouchless" rubberbands that are the normal size (not the tiny kind) from the store. They are much easier to put in, take up less space on baby's fine hair and are super tight so they stay in!
Jennifer, some day Kate will thank you for at least trying to deal with the wispy baby mullet. I love the pigtails!
We already know not to mess with you, honey.
The sledding looks like fun! Thanks for keeping us
updated. Do you remember that I used to put your
hair in pigtails at that age, too?
Don't you like your picture taken while eating?
love the picture. don't feel the need to hide it. mullets are coming back in.
nooo not the mullets =(
So cute. Hang in there....someday she'll undoubtedly have gorgeous locks like her mommy. :)
Congrats to whomever's backside is small enough to fit in a frying pan sled.
I may have needed the air mattress.
Your little girl is so cute!! I think our babies would love to play together. We just achieved pigtails last week too! And yes- the ouchless rubberbands are miracle workers!!
Post a Comment