Friday, January 18, 2008

...A Foot or Two...

So here it is - maybe yall were expecting this, maybe you weren't, but I'm subjecting you to my mission daydreams. Digitally, I am missing like, the entire middle half or third of my mission. I lost a memory card with all of my time in the Gardnerville/Carson City/Tahoe area. For every picture I put on here there were twenty others that would have been good/fun to scope out, however these told the widest story. This is almost chronological too...


This is me on my white stallion. The sign was super-reflective. You don't want to miss those beast horses walking all over the place. This is how far into the outskirts of Vegas I spent most of my time. People had horses...

I took this photo as a representation of one particular companionship. Can you guess which shoes are not mine? "No! He wouldn't really try to wear..." Yes. Yes he did. (Disclaimer: I loved all my companions, even this one, but some demanded that I spend more time on my knees asking for charity.)
This is me with Elder Quentin L. Cook. He was one of only two General Authorities to come visit us my whole mission. Awesome guy of course.

Dinner cancelled on us one night, so we decided to eat John-the-Baptist style. Yep, we thought we were hysterical...


After months of expressing adoration for the style I called "the sister socks," the sisters finally gave me my very own, and I even wore them for about five minutes!



Wild Man Day (Moses 6:37-38)







Keep watching for that...













Elder McKinney about 9 months after I served with him in the MTC and 10 months before we were companions out in the field. He's still out, that stud...





Teamwork with Elder Filter while we waited on our investigator (white car.) 115 degrees that day.






The rest of the pictures now are really recent, like all taken during the last week of my mission. This is the Hickman family, probably the very last family I ever actively worked with. Incredible people. I hope to hear about their baptism soon...





My last greenie and companion, Elder Sheppard, who will be sending me his weekly updates for the next twenty months, so I can live NLVW life vicariously and pretend like I'm Superman...







My last night in the field with two of my favorite people in the world, except that neither can seem to find the camera... Don't they look exhausted?






This was our 5:00-on-P-day sprint to the top of Lone Mountain, where I spent almost half my mission. I love Las Vegas so much. Here I'm saying goodbye to her for a time in person, forever as a missionary


Truly the greatest time of my life - to teach and preach and work as missionaries do

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yer a blog posting stud of a guy, man. Good pictures, good writing, but you forgot to identify the exhausted couple. Is that President and Sister Andrus?

JenSwen said...

The last picture is my favorite - very poignant. Thanks for sharing those pictures with us.

Britney said...

So I'm friends with Jen and Scott, and I think your blog posts are funny, but I just got really excited because I totally know Spencer McKinney!!! We're from the same town in Arkansas. He's one of my brother's best friends! Small world.

Anonymous said...

Yep, Clint, these are great pictures - truly shows the
love you have for your mission. My favorite is also
the last picture. Keep those posts coming!

Britney said...

My brother is Adam Duckett. He just came home from his mission to Idaho. Spencer and their other friend TJ were always over at our house. My mom would get so mad at Spencer because he ate all of her food.