Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Sheep and Shark Videos

Here are some videos as promised.


At the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, mutton bustin' had its own tent and bleachers and drew a HUGE raucous crowd. It was self-named the World Championship of mutton bustin' and even began with the national anthem. There was a rodeo clown who was about 10 years old who was there to pick up the shell-shocked kids off the dirt, dust 'em off, and send them quickly to the exit to greet their parents whose judgment, I imagine, suddenly seemed unreliable. It was hilarious live, which I hope comes through in the video. The age range was from 2.5 years old to eight. I wish I was old enough to remember my brother Dan's time in the spotlight as he mutton busted. Turn the volume down to avoid my static-causing loud laughter.


Dan caught a 66" sandbar shark on our deep-sea fishing trip! He battled the shark for 15-20 minutes (I think that's right), and in the end Dan won. Here's about one minute showing the last part of the fight. Sorry about the water glare and potentially nauseating camera work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Marleen:

Scott, those are great videos - very adventurous - I can see what
you mean about the mutton bustin'
kids - funny stuff!

Jennie said...

That's pretty cool about the shark. I'm glad he was released too. :)