We had a lot of fun over Thanksgiving with Jen's family in town. Festivities included the Cold Turkey Run (a 4-miler up the canyon north of the capitol building, pictures below), skiing in fog that felt like dementors from Harry Potter were near, a temple square tour, and going out to eat twice. It's hard not to have fun with Mark as your financier. Here's some of the events with some unrelated ones thrown in.
Kate and Daddy on Remembrance Day (Canada's equivalent of Veteran's Day) wearing red poppies to commemorate those who fought and fell in previous wars.
Jen wanted me to include this one of Kate playing with other kids at the med school Christmas party. Kate's really into singing, dancing, and playing with kids these days.
The main event at the Christmas party. Kate was excitedly talking about Santa all day until this picture was taken. Apparently it was obvious to her that he was an imposter. Next time we'll have to at least get someone over 30 to play Santa.
Placation by confection.
The cold turkey run gang. The weather was mostly accomodating but for some drizzly rainfall. Mark was the big story of the day with blisteringly fast time - his marathon training is paying off.
Lunchtime in the ski lodge. We all decided that Clint kind of looks like the special younger brother here.
We walked around temple square on Friday night to see the lights. This picture was my attempt at creative photography without a stabilizing tripod. This is the Salt Lake temple as seen in the reflection pool.
The whole Thurber/Adams group (sans Byron and me) on temple square. From L to R: Camille, Laura Swendsen (my sister), Marleen, Jennifer, Kate, Christine, Mark, Clint, Austin, Helen Adams (jr), Ethan Adams, Leisel Adams, Marci Adams, Helen Adams (sr), Walt Adams.
6 comments:
Kate looks so tall! What a great Thanksgiving. So what was Mark's time? We're all curious.
Me too. They have posted various times, all of which are slower than the both the clock time and our chip times. Basically we all had fun, got a great t-shirt and made it through. Should warn you, though, don't believe anything that has "blistering" and "Mark" in the same sentence. There is a special session of the Texas legislature scheduled in January to take up the subject of my slow times.
SO glad you were able to spend some time with the fam!
Kate's growing up!!! Brynlee did the same reaction her first 3 years of Santa. Cute pics.
We had a great trip and lots of fun with everyone - a special thanks to Scott and Jennifer and Byron and Marci for being such great hosts!
OK - why didn't you post this on teh Swendsen blog too?? Jen, I can't believe you ran in that race! You're nuts! How far along are you now? WEll, way to go anyway. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as you were running up until you were 8 months preggo with Kate. YOU ARE INSANE! But - you look fabulous during as well as IMMEDIATELy after pregnancy - so I guess it has it pays off. Kate is looking so grown up these days. I am excited to see her at Christmas! Hopefully Reese wants to play with her. There is a girl (the only other child in nursery) that likes to bite and kick and steal Reese's toys. I was told that two weeks ago she even tried to choke Reese. Its a good thing I wasn't still in nursery, because this little girl would have got a boot in the bum! Anyway - Reese has been having a hard time around other girls her age as a result. I'll try to talk to her before Kate gets here to let her know that Kate isn't mean. Anywho - long comment sorry! Miss you guys!
I finally got a user name! I am Christine Thurber just in case ya'll are confused. That was some pretty funny stuff, Scott! I literally laughed out loud!
Post a Comment