Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Christmas Story in February

I got home late and cranky the other night, walked right past dinner and into my study, where I saw an unmarked package sitting on my table. The return address said Byron and Marci, so I knew it must be good.

I rushed back into the kitchen and announced that it must be a Major Award, even though it had no mysterious foreign writing on the box. Byron must have returned early from the South Pole to mail it.

The first thing in Marci's note was an apology that it wasn't a Major Award. Undeterred and ignoring all Homeland Security warnings, I happily ripped away and soon Ralphie himself began to emerge. My giddiness reached new heights when I held him up and his head moved. He is a bobblehead, and fully armed.

Ralphie now stands guard in the most prominent position in my study, proudly guarding photos, trinkets and treasures from around the world. I don't like to sit in there with the lights out, though. His eyes glow.

5 comments:

DelinClint said...

ra ra ra ra ra

JenSwen said...

Haha - awesome! Next time I'm searching for the perfect gift for you I'll just give Byron and Marci a call. Was this a late Christmas present?

Melissa said...

Be careful or you'll put your eye out. Cool gift. Glad it brightened your day.

Anonymous said...

Dad-
Do his eyes really glow in the dark?????
-Christine

Camille said...

Gross.

you're so weird dad.