Right before we left for Houston we went to the BYU v. Michigan State basketball game at the Delta Center. Sadly, they lost, but it was a good game and a good excuse to get together with family. Kate is no longer deathly afraid of loud applause at sporting events, but she did insert her pacifier a number of times when the decibel level got particularly high to help put herself at ease.
All bundled up and practically immobile. She thought the mittens were hilarious, though.
Christine turned 11 while we were in Houston, and we were lucky to get to celebrate with her.
After this picture was taken, we quickly whisked Kate away from her aunt and into safer arms.
Poor Christine, watching the timer and wishing that the family would come to play games with her.
"Tanta!" We were proud of Kate for her bravery in cuddling with such a scary stranger. However, we do hope that stranger anxiety eventually kicks in for her own safety. :)
Dad is the funnest.
Scott made this skimboard as a Christmas gift to my family. I think the final product was really impressive.
Speaking of impressive final products, Scott was the brains behind this banner and also did most of the work for it. We were almost as excited about the banner as we were about having Clint back. (OK, that's a lie, but we were pretty proud of it.)
Austin dressed as a nerdy missionary for our airport reunion with Clint. He is actually wearing the same suit that he wore to our wedding reception over three years ago.
Christmas Eve at Pappasito's! Camille got her black eye from a fistfight she had with the hostess when she heard how long we'd have to wait for a table. You should see the other guy(girl). (J/k about all that, but doesn't she look like she has a black eye in the picture?)
Proof that it ISN'T always the cheapest toys that bring the most joy.
Kate and Reese in matching PJs from their Grandma Swendsen.
Come on Kate, don't act like you haven't been there.
Dad, Clint, and Austin ("Pampa, Click, and Awesome" according to Kate) went skiing with us this weekend. In this photo I appear to be befriending a sketchy Eastern European immigrant.
The other members of our skiing party.
We took this picture because I thought Clint and Kate looked like they were dressed for a matchy family picture. It was really fun to watch Clint and Kate become great friends.
We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
6 comments:
Jen, you are the funniest! Your comments on your photos always make me laugh out loud! I expecially enjoyed the Europen one. You're awesome.
-Cassie
These pictures made me think you guys were still
here! Good choices. Kate is so cute - I love Click
and Awesome - haha. Thanks for the entertaining
commentary as well. Love, Mom
Nice update from the Thurber clan! Christine, I would have played games with you. Ok, so I need to tell Clint and Austin that I am so impressed that they recognized me jogging just south of BYU campus. I DID know who you were, it just took a minute for it to all sink in. I'm just not used to two good looking younger men pulling up on the curb to chat. As you drove away, I thought, "Duh, Clint just got back form his mission!" I felt bad that I didn't even say anything. So, Clint, congrats on being a returned missionary!
Kate looks like the happiest little girl...all the time!!! Must be her fun mom and dad. :)
how adorable! i loved the pictures and all your captions (you are so funny!) i'm glad to see that everything is going so well!
Jennifer, best collection of photos ever. Thanks for leaving out the South Padre Island war zone, though -- some events were as forgettable as others were memorable. Someone asked me what the weather was like, and I didn't know.
Post a Comment